What does the block insurance policy cover?

The buildings are insured as a whole and a Summary of the Cover for Lessees and Owners of individual flats can be seen by arrangement with the Secretary.

Contents insurance is not included, and has to be taken out by the individual owner or tenant.

Building Insurance Schedule (PDF format).
Terrorism Insurance Schedule (PDF format).
Terrorism Insurance Policy Wording (PDF format).


Building insurance claims

Water damage claims

It is the responsibility of the flat owner (leaseholder) to ensure that they, or if applicable their tenants, report any water damage - even slight marking - immediately to the flat above and not to wait until the water pours into the flat. Water needs to be turned off immediately (stop cock under kitchen sink) in the flat causing the water problem to prevent further damage.

Theft or vandalism claims